Saturday, November 20, 2010

How much to change a fuel pump in a 04 jeep liberty?

Its cutting out while driving down the road. I figure its the fuel pump/ filter. The filter is in the pump though. So does the filter come with the pump if I buy a new one? How much will the run me at the mechanic? Thanks.How much to change a fuel pump in a 04 jeep liberty?
It depends on who the mechanic is you take it to.

If you know a friend who is a mechanic and does work on the side it will be much cheaper. I have a friend who does such work, my sisters fuel pump went out on her dodge caravan. If i recall right the pump was like $150 and he charged like $75 or maybe $100 to put it on. And yes, i do believe when you buy a fuel pump it comes with a filter but that might depend where you buy it from and what type it is.

Now, taking it to a actual garage/repair shop im taking a rough guess but i would say up around the $500 dollar mark.How much to change a fuel pump in a 04 jeep liberty?
I have a 1999 suv to put a fuel pump in my car it was about 200$. Fuel pumps don't come cheap!!!How much to change a fuel pump in a 04 jeep liberty?
You buy the filter separate. from the pump. Each shop charges differently call around and get a bid. I charge 300 at my shop in WA state if that helps