Thursday, September 22, 2011

Changing a FUEL FLITER on a 2005 Jetta GLI 1.8?

Does any one know how to change a fuel pump on a 05 Jetta GLI 1.8 turbo. I have change one before on my GMC truck but I don't know where it is located on this car. Also are their any tricks I shoudl know about?



We us the best gas. The only reason I'm going to replace the fuel filter is becasue Aamco said it was bad and that might be because the O2 sensor is bad and they are getting a bad reading. I'm not going to pay them 570 to change two O2 sensor and a fuel filter. I know I have to change the O2 sensors and will be doing that also.Changing a FUEL FLITER on a 2005 Jetta GLI 1.8?
The fuel pump is in the gas tank, so you have to drop the tank, which is difficult to do safely. Need to release fuel pressure first and to do this you remove fuel pump solenoid relay from fuse box in engine compt. and try to start engine. Once engine dies from lack of fuel turn key off, replace solenoid then proceed to replace fuel filter and or fuel pump. Is vehicle still under warranty?